Sunday, May 5, 2013

Medifast and Soy and Quest Bars

Most of the Medifast products contain soy protein as opposed to whey protein.  Whey protein is supposed to be much better for you and for people like myself who have Thyroid problems, soy is a no no.  So in an effort to stay on the Medifast and limit my soy intake, I have ordered most of the Medifast products that contain no soy.

 Of course with the exception of the Tomato Soups and the Mac and Cheese, I didn't have much to choose from in the way of actual things that you can chew, so I decided to look for an alternative to the Medifast bars.  I finally found a bar that has no soy and is comparable in protein, carbs, fat and calories.  Its called the Quest bar.  There are a lot of flavors, I ordered a sample box so I could decide which ones I like best.  So far I like them all.  If I cut the bar in half the protein, calories, fat and carbs come close to the Medifast bar.  They are dense and filling so cutting them in half is no problem. 

I plan to continue eating the Medifast products that are soy free along with the Quest bars.

Here is a list of the soy free Medifast products: http://www.medifastmedia.com/shared/docs/allergen_dietary_information.pdf



No comments:

Post a Comment