Friday, April 26, 2013

Medifast Day 8

I think I might be having a bad reaction to eating so much soy.  I have been getting really sick to my stomach several times during the day after eating my Medifast meal.  Almost all of the meals are made with soy protein, but I have found a few that aren't.  This morning I am having the coffee soft serve .  It contains whey protein which I have heard is better for you than soy. All of the soft serves contain whey protein.  I will definitely be putting in an order for more.

Instead of making into a soft serve I made it into a shake.  Its delish!  Here is the recipe.

1 Medifast Coffee Soft Serve
3/4 Cup of Water
1 Pkg. of Starbucks Via Instant Coffee or 1 tsp of any instant coffee
1/2 Cup of Crushed Ice

Blend well in a small blender.  Yum! 

I also found some more information on cooking the Medifast meals. One person suggested mixing the meal with water at least 3 hours or preferably the night before you want to eat it, then store it in the frig.  It gives the dehydrated ingredients a chance to absorb the water and supposedly it will taste better.  I put some chicken soup in the frig this morning..... hum  we will see what happens.  Just for fun I am trying the same thing with the mac and cheese.

I tried to make some blueberry muffins with the blueberry oatmeal mix last night.  It didn't go well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment