Sunday, April 21, 2013

Medifast Notes and Recipes

Third day on Medifast and I am in learning mode.

The food isn't too bad.  Some of it has a funny taste to it, that I'm not sure about.  It might be the sweeteners that they use?  Hum.... These are the things that I like so far.
I find it really easy to stay on this diet, because there isn't much to think about.  You get 5 Medifast meals per day and 1"lean and green" meal that you actually have to prepare yourself. 
I feel like I am eating quite a lot.  Since I have to get in 6 meals per day I am eating every 2 or 3 hours, that helps to take the edge of the hunger pains.  The plan requires drinking a lot of water so I am running to the bathroom quite a bit.

My first day on the diet I made the Mac and Cheese and had to throw it away.  I'm not sure that the problems with it are fixable but I plan to try making it on the stove top to see if it turns out better.
I also made the Oatmeal with Blueberries and found it barely edible.  Today I made the Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal and had to throw it away, yuck!  I think the problem is the directions.
All the Medifast meals that require cooking are made in the microwave and they just taste good that way.

Yesterday (day 2) I made Chicken Noodle Soup in the microwave.  The noodles were crunchy and the meat and carrots were hard.  Today I made the Chicken Noodle Soup on the stove.  I mixed it with the water and brought it to a boil.  I boiled it about 10 minutes, then let it sit another 5.  I mixed in some salt and 1 tsp of Salsa (that really helped).   It was so much better that way!

I do like the Peanut Butter Crunch Bar, but the Oatmeal Raison and the Lemon will not be re-ordered.

Of the shakes, I have only had Chocolate so far. I have a small (16oz) blender, and it worked really well on the recipe below.
1 package of Medifast Chocolate Shake Mix
1 Cup of water
1/2 Cup of Ice. 
1 tsp. of Instant Coffee or 1 package of Starbucks Via Instant Coffee
Blend well and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment